Mid/Sr. Scala/Akka Developer
OvalHR Solutions, in partnership with EastNetic, is looking to hire a Mid/Senior Scala/Akka Developer to work in IoT projects for a European company.
The project is a smart biometric sobriety test system. It allows identifying employees with a face recognition technology and checking their sobriety before they enter their workplace and after completing work. The product range includes stationary and mobile solutions that allow managing employee sobriety data smartly, as well as ensure accurate work time accounting and safety at the workplace. AI-driven solutions help our clients not only when it comes to ensuring 100% sober employees, but also increasing business efficiency.
- Front-end: React, Angular; for legacy systems support: Play, Slick
- Back-end: Scale Akka; for legacy systems support: Play, Slick
- SQL database
- Message query system
Nature of work
- Development of distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, high availability systems.
- Testing and ensuring quality of work.
- Basic documentation of implemented solution.
- Willingness to learn Scala quickly (will have to do a Scala task to apply).
- Commercial programming experience (3+ years).
- Habit of writing clean, well-organized and well-structured code.
- Experience with RDBMS.
- Distributed systems architecture development and programming experience.
- Ability to work with Git.
- Automated systems testing experience: unit, integration, functional tests
- Ability and willingness to work in SCRUM environment
What we offer
- Develop one system, not jumping from one to another project
- Exposure to real world IoT applications
- Real opportunity to realize your ideas—not to be small part of big process
- Work for a fast-growing European company
- Work week Mon-Fri 10am - 7pm (negotiable, including lunch break)
- 2x Festival bonus of 50% of salary
- Salary 75,000-150,000 BDT gross (can be more for exceptional candidates)
- Office in Bashundhara (can work from home if preferred)
Tentative recruitment steps
- Intro call
- Coding challenge
- Interview with CEO and CTO
- Final decision