OvalHR and Eastnetic is jointly looking to hire a Symphony developer for a European Client.
In the world we live in, technology is literally everywhere, and the kids adapt to it more than anyone else. Therefore digital tools in the classroom are becoming more and more crucial. Traditional methods for teaching are already going through a transformation to adapt to the needs of 21st-century students and to enhance the professional practice of teachers.
Our company provides digital content solutions directed towards Lithuanian educational facilities which are used by more than 75% of the children.
EDUKA class www.eduka.lt – interactive digital learning platform with more than 400 digital textbooks, 140 teacher books, and 25 000 digital assignments for K-12.
EMA www.emapamokos.lt – digital exercises next to EDUKA are tailored and individualized to fit student needs to help them succeed in education. The tool is used for testing and evaluation of the children's progress.
EMA Kindergarten – interactive digital exercises for 4-6 year children in kindergartens.
Egzaminatorius www.egzaminatorius.lt – helping students to prepare and educators to create materials for the exams.
- Advanced knowledge of Symfony v4+, PHP, SQL.
- 3+ years of work experience on complex software systems.
- Ownership over everything you ship; you use automated testing and you’d never call code „released“ until you’re confident it’s correct.
- Experience with Git, automated testing, Queued Message Handling, Static Analysis and code quality tools.
- Comprehension of design patterns.
- We will be super happy if you know any of these: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, CI, CD, TDD, DDD.
- Several Symfony apps versioned from 2.8 to 4.4 with an ambition to upgrade to 5.
- CI running PHPUnit-based unit, integration, acceptance, and browser tests on Teamcity and Github Actions.
- Twig and Angular on the front end.
- Typescript and SCSS assets built with Webpack
- Deployed with Deployer.
- Packages are managed in our in-house packagist server.
- Code quality aided by using phpstan and big custom phpcs ruleset.
- We are moving away from bare metal deploys towards a containerized and scalable production environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work for a fast growing educational technology company with headquarters in Lithuania
- Possibility to take part in improvement of quality of education for the children and shaping our future
- Work week Mon-Fri, 10 am – 7 pm (negotiable, including lunch break)
- 2x Festive bonus of 50% of salary
- Salary 75.000-200.000 BDT gross (for senior persons can be more)
- Company paid learning content subscriptions (Lynda, SymfonyCasts, etc).
- Working from home (Office in Bashundhara can be offered if person prefers so)
1. Intro call (informal, 20 min.)
2. Coding challenge (few hours)
3. Interview with CEO of the company